As part of my self-actualization process rubbish I regularly search for creative inspiration. One form of inspiration I turn to often is writing prompts, which help motivate me to write (and think) about things I might not have otherwise.
Today I stumbled upon the following prompt:
List 10 things you can do with tissue paper. Pick one from the list and write about it.
But I don’t really fancy writing about what I can do with tissue paper. So instead, I’ve just done one of the 10 things and am sharing a photo of my creation for you now.
Yes folks, I’ve spent an exciting Tuesday evening making paper flowers.
A bonus to this is that I promised myself a while back that I would cut back on my spending in an effort to save money for my postgraduate tuition. And now that I have a pretty vase of paper flowers, I don’t need to buy any for quite some time! (Yay!)
Oh! And here’s my list of 10 things you can do with tissue paper:
- Make pretty flowers to make you smile
- Make a piñata to fill with candy
- Wrap awesome presents for awesome friends
- Decoupage a cool tin to store yummy cookies in
- Line the bottom of your socks and knickers drawer
- Make paper hats for inside Christmas crackers
- Make stained glass pictures for your mommy
- Wrap fancy sweaters before storing them for the summer
- Wrap a nice bottle of wine to give to an awesome friend
- And, finally, blow a snotty nose into it