And, I’m pleased to say, I am actually making pretty decent progress!
To keep myself accountable, I’m going to share my list here—and I will try to give little updates in any posts in between now and my return to school. So, here goes!
- Finish the swirl drawing for my anniversary contest winner
- Run a total of 30 training miles
- Complete my US taxes
- Complete applications for jobs and internships
- Write another 2,500 words for my dissertation
And, in addition to my to-do list, I am going to work on fixing some bad habits I’ve gotten into. To that, I will aim to:
- Drink more water—much, much more water!
- Go to bed before 11 p.m. every night (unless I am socialising in a face-to-face setting)
- Get out of bed before 9 a.m. every morning
- Eat at least 5 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables every day
- Get out of the flat for at least an hour every day (in addition to time spent running)
I am pleased to say that I am making progress with both lists. My swirl drawing (shown above) is coming along nicely. I ran nearly 5 miles yesterday and will run the same route again tomorrow. I have organised my tax documents and will call my bank to sort out the last documents tomorrow evening (delayed because of time zones). I have completed one job application and have an internship application in progress; I have also sent emails in regards to a couple other applications. And I have books ready for me to pick up at the library for my dissertation.
Also, I’ve managed to be in and out of bed by my new deadlines—and have been drinking lots of water and enjoying lots of fresh produce. And, I’ve been outside enjoying the lovely spring weather.
Yes, I’ve been a busy little bee, and I hope that it helps to lift my mood and my self confidence. After all, spring break is no time to sit around and sulk!